FAIRKIDS FIELD TRIPS
A PROGRAM OF THE LEARNING CENTERS
Welcome to the World’s Largest Classroom! The LA County Fair invites you to discover something new around every corner.
The FairKids Field Trip Program allows students and teachers to enjoy an interactive educational experience, or what we call A Day Full of Learning Cleverly Disguised as Fun!
- You and your chaperones can easily educate students through our self-guided tours of the LA County Fair.
- Visit The Farm, The Big Red Barn, School’s Agriculture and Nutrition Fair, Fairplex Garden Railroad, Millard Sheets Art Center and the Flower & Garden Pavilion.
Thursday, May 9th – 9a.m.-11a.m.
Friday, May 10th – 9a.m.-11a.m.
Friday, May 17th – 9a.m.-11a.m.
- The FairKids Field Trip Program, takes place during the LA County Fair. Field trips are open to public schools, private schools and home schools, reservations are required for all field trips.
- It is recommended you check with your transportation department prior to booking your date, to ensure busing is available.
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in fun, educational activities related to California agriculture, healthy eating, animals and life on a real farm.
Each year The Learning Centers works with educators to develop curriculum for the educational exhibits included in the FairKids Field Trip Program. The curriculum is designed to be easily incorporated into daily classroom lessons and includes pre-visit, on-site and post-visit activities that align with grade level standards. Utilizing this curriculum creates an enhanced educational value for teachers and students who participate in the FairKids Field Trips.
A. Any public, private, or home school, grades K-6.
A. May 9th, 10th and 17th
A. The gates open at 9 a.m. for the field trip participants. All participants must be here before 10:45a.m. Once on the grounds, participants can stay as long as they choose. *Please note all vendors, shopping, and the carnival will be closed until the Fair opens to the general public at 11:00 a.m. Students will only have access to The Farm and Barns
A. Parking for buses and accompanying vehicles will be at Gate 9, off of White Avenue.
A. Admission is FREE, parking is also FREE before 10:45 a.m. *Transportation to the Fair is not covered.
A. Lunch storage is available. However, you must bring and pick up your lunches from the location.
A. If you would like to become a FairKids Ambassador and help out during the LA County Fair, please visit our volunteer website at www.fairplex.com/volunteer. If you would like to donate to FairKids, please visit our website at www.tlcfairplex.org/donate. If you would like to learn more about other educational programs at The Learning Centers, please visit https://fairplex.com/tlcfairplex/