Download Competition PDF
Who Can Enter
- Professional Photographers 18 years of age and older. If your main
source of income is photography, you are considered a professional photographer.
- Amateur Photographers 18 years of age and older. If your main source
of income is not photography, you are considered an amateur photographer. Those (beginners
and regulars) who randomly make photographs and/or show an active interest in photography,
though not necessarily to earn an income, are amateurs.
- Individuals only, no group entry.
- Only one (1) entry per class.
- File Specifications – RGB, JPG Format, 72 dpi, must be equal
to 2000px (longer side)
- No watermark, copyright unit or logo can be displayed on image.
- Only bleed photograph without borders.
- Photograph can only be entered once into the LA County Fair.
- No hard copy entry form or photo will be permitted.
- Entry must be submitted online and will be judged from the uploaded
- Entry Fee $2.00
Size Of Image
- Rectangular Images
- Minimum Size: 11 inches x 14 inches including frame
- Maximum Size: 25 inches x 29 inches including frame
- Square Images
- Between 11 inches x 25 inches including frame
Copyright On Image
- Entrant must ensure they own undisputed copyright to their uploaded
entry. Copyright of photograph submitted rest with the photographer.
- Fairplex may use entry submitted for marketing & promoting the
LA County Fair although there will not be any monetary compensation for the same. Neither
Fairplex nor their associates, affiliates or partners assume any responsibility for the
photograph submitted in violation of competition rules/copyright regulations. An image that
demonstrates violations on copyright and/or competition policies will be removed &
disqualified by Fairplex after due investigations.
- Photography is a juried competition and The American System of
Judging will be used. This judging process ranks exhibitors against one another and gives
one first, second and third place award in each class as merited.
- The judges decisions shall be final.
- Only winning entries will be notified via e-mail by May 22 with
- Only winning entries will be displayed.
- April 24 – On line entry form and upload of photograph due
- May 22 – Notification of winning entry
- June 6 – Delivery of winning photograph 8:00am – 5:00pm
to the DIY Design Studio
- September 4 - 27 – Display of the photograph at the LA County
Fair in the DIY Design Studio
- September 30 – Pick up of photograph 8:00am – 7:00pm at
the DIY Design Studio
Featured Competitions Classes
Division 2610 - Professional
Division 2611 - Amateur
- Class 1 – People
- Class 2 – Children/Families
- Class 3 – Food
- Class 4 – Landscape/Seascape
- Class 5 – Architecture/Urban Scene
- Class 6 – Plants
- Class 7 – Animals/Sea Life/Insects
- Class 8 – Special Effects/Computer Manipulated
- Class 9 – Other, specify
- Class 10 – We Light the Night**
- Best of Show - Rosette & $165.00
Please Note: The Best of Show award is chosen from all first place winners in the
division. It may be given as warranted at the discretion of the judges.
- Best Representation of Theme - Rosette &
Please Note: The Best Representation of Theme award may be given as warranted at the
discretion of the judges and is chosen from the class 10 entries.
- 1st - Rosette
- 2nd - Rosette
- 3rd - Rosette
- Please Note: Rosette may be given
out in each class as warranted at the discretion of the judges.
The LA County Fair pays premiums only in those divisions and/or class specifically listed.
Premium checks will be mailed within six (6) weeks following the close of the LA County
Fair. The LA County Fair is not responsible for redemption of premiums.
Display of Winning Entries
- If your entry has been selected you will need to drop off your
photograph on Saturday, June 6 from 8:00am – 5:00pm at the DIY Design Center.
- If you are unable to drop off your entry at this time you may send
someone in your place or mail your entry. If mailing your entry, it must arrive by 4:00pm on
Thursday, June 4.
- Entry must be ready to hang - must have sturdy hardware and be
wired. No sawtooth hangers or spring clip frames please.
- An identification tag will be issued for the entry.
- The Fair assumes total design control over the exhibit. The design
staff shall determine location and placement of the photograph. No exhibit changes will be
made after the photograph is on display.
- All reasonable care will be taken in handing and displaying the
exhibit, but the LA County Fair assumes no responsibility for loss or damage whatsoever the
cause. Submitting an entry implies acceptance of this rule. If insurance is desired, the
exhibitor must carry it.
- Entry will be displayed during the 2020 LA County Fair September 4
Pick Up of Winning Entries
- Entry must be picked up Wednesday, September 30 from 8:00am –
7:00pm at the DIY Design Studio.
- You must show photo identification before we release your entry. If
you are unable to pick up your entry at this time, you may send someone in your place. You
must call or email our office so we can put them on the entry pick up list. The person
picking up your entry must have photo identification.
- Return shipping is available for a fee of $20.00 payable at the time
of drop off of your entry. You must provide return shipping packaging material and entry
will be returned by October 31, 2020. Breakable, fragile or extremely heavy articles will
NOT be returned by mail, such entry MUST be picked up.
- If entry is not picked up then it will be donated to charity.