Get in on the fun and tradition of AMERICA’S KIDS, LA County Fair’s creative and educational competitions for kids from pre-school through high school. Check out the all-new 2018 “Adventures in Literature” themed craft competitions such as Chalk Drawings, Penguins with Personality, Mythical Creatures, Planets and Asteroids Posters, Rock Paintings, Bear Decorating, Kites, Greek Pottery, or Miniature Forest Homes. More of a traditionalist? Our classic competitions such as Art, Photography, Sewing, Science, Hobby Collections, Quilting, Needlework, Woodworking, Drafting, and Creative Writing are always popular…and so much fun! You can earn a special ribbon this year by entering our Flat Stanley competition and placing Flat Stanley anyplace along Route 66! It's easy to enter! See competition book for complete rules and information.
- Browse through our 39 page competition book and choose the competitions that interest you. Be sure to follow rules and guidelines specific to each competition.
- Print your entry form. Neatly fill in all required information.
- Mail your entry form. Must be postmarked by June 21, 2018.
- Drop off your creations at America’s Kids, Expo Hall #5 on Saturday July 14, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Enter through Gate #1.
- Admire your work, along with the work of 1000's of other kids, on display during the Fair, August 31 through September 23.
- Pick up your entries and ribbons at America’s Kids, Expo Hall #5 on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Continue your Adventures in Literature with our ever-popular Read to Ride Program. You can earn free carnival ride coupons just by reading books over the summer and writing book reports. See the Read to Ride form for complete rules.
Tips for filling out your entry form:
Complete Competition Book
Read to Ride
- Each child must have their own entry form. Use more than one form if entering more than 10 items.
- One entry per line only.
- For example, if you are entering 4 photographs, you must list each photo separately so that a tag is made for each photo.
- Please print your name clearly. Your entry tag will reflect the name printed on your entry form
- Under the section marked “Title or Description of Entry” please indicate the color, type, or title of your entry.
- For example, if you enter artwork, please add a short description of each piece such as “yellow flowers” or “horse and boots” rather than simply “acrylic” or “watercolor.”